Sunday, December 11, 2011

Giving up a Role and Receiving Grace

Today was a difficult day.  I woke up earlier than usual, as Walt got ready to go to church.  I laid in bed for a while contemplating the decision I had made in the middle of last week and how I was going to word this letter the teacher and friend that I have been helping for 3 or 4 years to let her know that, for now, this would be by last day helping her with the Sunday School class.  I started it off okay but as I got more personal and apologetic, I suppose conviction and guilt really set in and the tears started to flow.  It eventually became weeping.

I didn't wholly want to give up that role, but I know it is the right decision.  I am not where I need to be spritually, to the point of not even wanting to get up and go to church.  That lone decision affects me as a Christian, Pastor's wife, wife, mom, friend, coworker and overall person.  I have been negligent in my role of helping almost since day one and am very disappointed in myself for not holding to the commitment I made.  I am at the point where I'm not being filled (of my own doing) so I don't have anything to pour out.  The only things that poured out today were tears of remorse and sadness, and a lot of them.  I cried the whole class, more or less, even breaking down a few times.    I even wept in my vehicle before driving home.  Tears roll as I journal this day.

She is a very gracious woman who condemned me not and wanted assurance that I would stop by from time to time and not be a stranger.  I am blessed to receive the grace that I did today from my friend and even more blessed the grace that I receive from my Savior, no matter what my failures, time and time again.

12 comments:

  1. Dear friend, thank you for your transparency.

    I'm sure that was a difficult decision for you, but God will honor your obedience.

    I am here for you if you need to talk.

    Love and hugs,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondrous article thanks to providing us, we appreciate you, Get the best assignment help in Australia by Ph.D. experts at affordable prices. Our assignment writing services are 100% risk-free and are assured by 100%. assignment help

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are stuck with your Management assignment then in this case you can opt for our Management Assignment. we provide the bestOnline marketing expert.We also provide Project Management Assignment help for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Assignment Help Online service work wonderfully, when you need correct information in your academic tasks. Make your assignment academically superior by using our best assignment help Perth service. With our extraordinary service, you can meet the due dates even if you have less time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s what I call an excellent post. This is so comprehensive that I do not have to hop anywhere else for the information. Great work is following your posts! Read more:

    https://shipfever.com/how-to-survive-adrift-at-sea/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Company Law Assignment Help can be delegated to the equivalent. It is a lawful investigation of the arrangement of the developments and activities of the company. It additionally manages the company guidelines and helps the company to manage its resources at the time they are ended during the time spent liquidation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you see an error description saying “problem loading Dynamic Link Library or DLL”, then most likely you are facing QuickBooks error 80029c4a. The problem occurs when the Dynamic Link Library or DLL file gets corrupted. Another reason that leads to error 80029c4a is an incorrect antivirus or firewall configuration. The first step to fix the error is reconfiguring your antivirus program and ensuring that the QuickBooks files are not quarantined by your antivirus program. Another solution is to repair the QuickBooks installation and for that, go to apps and features in your windows. Search for QuickBooks application, locate QuickBooks, and click modify. Once you complete the repair process, verify if the error code 80029C4A resolves or not. If it still exists., then you will need to perform a fresh installation of the QuickBooks application.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Automotive Seats Market size was valued at $71,651.20 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $101,397.20 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 4.3% from 2018 to 2025. The gasoline by vehicle energy source segment was the highest revenue contributor in 2017, accounting for $56,828.9 million, and is estimated to reach $72,226.0 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 2.9% during the forecast period. In 2017, the automotive seat market share has accounted highest for the Asia-Pacific region.

    Also check about Automotive Switches Market

    ReplyDelete
  10. This a very informative post thanks for sharing the useful information. cut off mark for summit university

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Students have plenty of other things to do apart from completing the assignments like studying for their academic exams, participating in extracurricular activities, part-time jobs, etc. Therefore, it becomes necessary for them to take assignment help, and there is nothing wrong with it. But paying for getting the assignment completed or not is again a big question that comes to mind while looking for Someone to do my assignment. For this question, my answer would be to go with the paid services as when you take something for free it is not reliable enough.
    Biomedical Science
    Introducation of Nursing

    ReplyDelete